A suite of resources for EDA members and affiliated members to download
Use these links to go straight to the information you need:
- Letter regarding covid testing for hauliers from Paul Scully MP, Monday 11 January 2021 plus this supporting document “Introduction to LFD (Lateral Flow Device) Testing in Workplaces” 11 Jan 2021
- Letter to the Construction Sector from The Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Monday 11 January 2021
- Letters to the Construction Sector from The Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP – December 2020 and November 2020
- A message to the Housing Industry from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, 5 November 2020
- Practical Guidance for Electrical Wholesale Branches
- Latest BEAMA guides
- England Lockdown – a message to the Construction Industry from the Andy Mitchell, Co-Chair of the Construction Leadership Council of 2 November 2020
- Analysis of the National Infrastructure and Construction Procurement Pipeline 2020/21 (June 2020)
- ‘Roadmap to Recovery’ A recovery plan for the UK construction sector published by the Construction Leadership Council
- Latest Site Operating Procedures v6 (20 October 2020) from the Construction Leadership Council
- Template letter: Business Rate Relief and unlocking business support grant funds
- Other template letters
- Letters to and from Government
Practical Guidance for Electrical Wholesale Branches: version 4 issued Thursday 8 October 2020
Revised to reflect the latest government advice. Download your copy of ‘Practical guidance for electrical wholesale branches’ here.
Latest BEAMA Guides
- Returning business operations to the new normal
- Work in Residential Buildings No. 1
- COVID Secure status and HSE Risk Assessments
Analysis of the National Infrastructure and Construction Procurement Pipeline 2020/21 (June 2020)
Click on the image below to launch a PDF. Plus you’ll find more information on the government’s website.
Construction Leadership Council
2 November 2020: England Lockdown – a message to the Construction Sector from Andy Mitchell, co-Chair, Construction Leadership Council
If you would like copies in alternative formats please contact the EDA on 020 3141 7350.
Business Rate Relief and unlocking business support grant funds
We are hearing that many EDA members have gained rate relief on their premises via their local authority. At the request of EDA board members, the EDA has prepared a template letter to help you claim rate relief if you wish to apply, with supporting documents.
However, this comes with a strong note of caution as you must be aware that we cannot predict changes to future rateable values and there may be long-term impacts to your business by re-designating as retail premises.
- Download the business rate relief template letter here
- Supporting document: Business Rates, Expanded Retail Discount 2020/21: Coronvirus Response – Local Authority Guidance
- Supporting document: Grant Funding Schemes: Small Business Grant Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund Guidance for local authorities.
If you are able to reclassify your business as retail, it unlocks further grant opportunities on offer through the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund depending upon the rateable value of your property:
- Rateable value of £15,000 or under you may be eligible for a grant of £10,000
- Rateable value over £15,000 but less than £51,000 you may be eligible for a grant of £25,000
Other business support grant funds include:
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund
Other template letters
ACAS’s Furlough letter for employers
Issued 1 April 2020: EDA letter confirming membership status and your work supporting the UK’s Critical Infrastructure
Issued 1 April 2020: Essential Driver & Delivery Authentication.
Letter for wholesalers to use to write to their MP
Letters to/from Government
Issued by The Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Department for Business, Innovation & Industrial Strategy: letter to the Construction Sector 11 January 2021
Issued by the Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, Department for Business, Innovation and Industrial Strategy: letter to the Construction Sector, 12 November 2020 and a further letter in December 2020
Issued by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government: Home repairs and maintenance can continue. A message to the Housing Industry, November 2020
Issued by Paul Scully MP, Minister for Small Business, Consumers & Labour Markets, 2 May 2020 (on behalf of the Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP): “Businesses such as electrical wholesale outlets may remain open as these are vital to keep our critical business operating.”
Issued by the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) 1 April 2020: letter to The Rt Hon Boris Johnson
Issued by the the Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy 31 March 2020: “To everyone working in the UK’s construction sector’
Issued by the EDA 20 March 2020: letter to the Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Take me to the EDA's COVID-19 Hub Home Page