Location: Rotherwick House, Tower Hill, London (some opportunity for homeworking and occasional UK travel)
Founded in 1914, the Electrical Distributors’ Association (EDA) is the trade association that promotes the interests of electrical wholesale distributors in the UK. We support and represent wholesalers, who join as members, and offer affiliated membership to manufacturers and service providers. The association is growing very strongly – doubling in size in the past five years. The sector is growing too as our economies move to electricity to decarbonise.
Our key objectives are:
- To attract talented individuals into the sector and help them forge a rewarding and engaging career by offering excellent education and training opportunities. To help with this, we have created award-winning education and training programmes that are available to our members
- To help the sector to digitalise their businesses enabling them to enter the world of e-commerce and e-marketing. To this end, we are leading the construction sector in the creation of high-quality product data systems
- To bring the sector together at well-attended and informative networking events
- To inform business owners about key developments in the sector to enable them to make strategic decisions for the future of their business
We are now looking for an Executive Assistant to support our CEO and the Heads of business units on a permanent, full-time basis, commencing in February 2022.
- Salary of £30,000 per annum DOE
- Contributory pension (matched up to 6%)
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Combined working from home and from our offices based near St Katharine Docks
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
This is the perfect opportunity for a proven personal or executive assistant with great event management skills to expand their horizons and career potential with our growing organisation.
We’ll support you with great on-the-job training and you will gain relevant specialist qualifications through our organisation.
What’s more, our supportive, ambitious and forward-thinking team creates the perfect environment to grow and develop both personally and professionally and your role will open doors to the highest echelons of our industry sector, meaning you will be able to advance and build your network.
As an Executive Assistant, you will offer support to senior management by undertaking a range of administration duties.
Working closely with the CEO and heads of business units, you will undertake diary management and provide support during meetings with minute taking.
You will manage the application and on-boarding process for new member organisations, ensuring that you build trusted relationships with key members of the organisations.
You will oversee the management of annual publications, such as directories and yearbooks and work with the CEO on the organisation of several senior-level networking events, some on a large scale. You will play a key role in the maintenance and development of our Salesforce CRM system (training will be provided).
Additionally, you will facilitate board meetings and meetings for members of the EDA Leadership Team.
To be considered as an Executive Assistant, you will need:
- Experience as an EA or PA
- Proven track record of working successfully with external service providers (e.g. event organisers, publishers, printers)
- Proven experience of all aspects of event management
- The ability to hit print deadlines and manage printed publications
- The ability to build and maintain good working relationships with the EDA team, member companies and other key Stakeholders
- The ability to communicate and influence effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail and a high standard of accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to multitask
- IT savvy with knowledge of the Microsoft suite
Knowledge of Photoshop, social media platforms and running Zoom/Teams meetings would be an advantage. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM would also be beneficial to your application, but not essential.
Other organisations may call this role EA, PA, Office Manager, Executive Assistant to Director, PA to Development Director, Executive Assistant to Managing Director, Executive PA, Executive Assistant to CEO, Personal Assistant, or Executive Support Officer.
Webrecruit and the Electrical Distributor’s Association are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to take on your next role as an Executive Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.