Location: Rotherwick House, Tower Hill, London (some opportunity for homeworking and occasional UK travel)
Founded in 1914, the Electrical Distributors’ Association (EDA) is the trade association that promotes the interests of electrical wholesale distributors in the UK. We support and represent wholesalers, who join as members, and offer affiliated membership to manufacturers and service providers.
One of our key objectives is to attract talented individuals into the sector and help them forge a rewarding and engaging career by offering excellent education and training opportunities. To help with this, we have created award-winning education and training programmes which are available to our members.
Now, due to the rapid expansion of our training activities and our plan to create a central online training hub for the industry, we are looking for a Business Administrator to join our team and provide fantastic support to our Education and Training Department. This role is due to start in February 2022.
– Salary of £20,000 – £25,000 per annum based on experience
– Contributory pension (matched up to 6%)
– 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
– Work from home or from our offices based near St Katharine Docks
– Exceptional training and development opportunities
At EDA, we want to support you no matter what stage you are at in your career, as we believe everyone can make a positive contribution with the right encouragement and opportunities.
When you join us, you’ll discover an ambitious and forward-thinking team and have access to superb training and development to ensure you have the tools you need to make a success of your role and achieve your own career goals. As well as on the job training, there will also be the opportunity to take a relevant apprenticeship supported by EDA.
So, if you’re an experienced training administrator, a graduate looking for a brilliant new opportunity or a well-organised and proactive individual looking for your first step as an administrator, we want to hear from you!
As a Business Administrator, you will be tasked with providing efficient and effective support to the Head of Education and Training and delivering exceptional customer service to EDA members.
In this busy role, variety is key and you will undertake a broad range of tasks across all training activities. Namely, you will provide excellent administration support to our award-winning product knowledge distance learning programme, apprenticeship programmes and our short courses.
As part of your role, you will promote our programmes via social media and the web, oversee order processing and invoicing using Salesforce and handle all queries in a friendly and professional manner.
Additionally, you will:
- Log, create and distribute City & Guilds certificates on the City and Guilds Walled Garden
- Log expressions of interest in apprenticeships, Kickstart programmes and traineeships
- Provide support with our Learner Management System including content creation
To join us as a Business Administrator, you will need:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- The ability to communicate and influence effectively at a variety of levels
- Strong attention to detail and a high standard of accuracy and efficiency
- To be IT savvy with knowledge of Microsoft suite, Salesforce, Totara or training content creation software
- Educated to an appropriate level with a qualification in administration and/or business management
Solid experience as a training co-ordinator or senior training administrator would be beneficial to your application, as would a proven track record of working with key stakeholders in a professional manner.
Proven knowledge of the full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate) would also be advantageous.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
Webrecruit and the EDA are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Other organisations may call this role Training Administrator, Administrator, Education and Training Administrator, Training and Projects Co-ordinator, Junior Training Administrator or Administration Assistant.
So, if you’re seeking a brilliant new opportunity as our Business Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.